Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmastime!

I have seriously been neglecting my blog and I apologize.  I feel we are so blessed because right now everyone is pretty healthy (a far cry from last year).  I have all decorations up and all present bought and I am really enjoying the season.  Last night my place of employment went to see Mannheim Steamroller for our Christmas partym and we all had a great time.
Dennis is doing very well and they had their FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) Christmas pizza party on thursday.
We had an ice storm in the last week of November.  For those who do not have someone who is disabled this is an inconvience, for us it's major!  To get ready for an icestorm you have to make sure there is plenty of gas for the generator.  We have an outlet in our bedroom for Dennis's bed and suction machine and cough assist machine and oxygen.  I have to go and run cords in for the fridge and T.V.  We have a fire place for warmth.  We were blessed this year because some were out for weeks but we were only out for hours.  My poor tree was not so fortunate.

Right now it is in th 70's, very unusual for Oklahoma in the winter.  I believe we broke some records, and I am not complaining.  We are praying for continued health and praise God for looking after us.  Much love, Cheri
 


 

2 comments:

  1. The weather is confused all over the world, here it is rather warm too. Hope the climate conference in Paris will have some solutions to save our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember much talk of ice-storms when staying in America but have never experienced one. So glad yours did not last long. Thrilled to know that you are all well and that Dennis is doing so well.It must take quite a while to get his equipment all set up - I guess it is the same as you have to do for Tornadoes and such. I remember you posting on this some years back. Don't apologise for being away from your blog, as I know myself sometimes life jut takes over and we have to prioritise. Have been in the same situation myself which I hate as I enjoy blogging but just having to catch up when I can. Devastating floods over here, mostly in the North West but people's homes are wrecked and for some twice over in just a couple of weeks.Up to four or five feet of water in some homes. It has been so wet for so long across the country.

    ReplyDelete