Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring

I have a hard time deciding what to blog about so I end up not blogging at all!  For the people who read my blog from other countries, I so appreciate you, and it's pretty easy for me to think about what I can blog about.  Things here are foreign and different to people who live thousands of miles away.  For people who live in my hometown, this is where I get into trouble.  People here know everything that is going on, it's boring to them and they don't realize how many people from different countries make it to this blog.  I feel like when the people were talking about Jesus saying " no good thing can come from Nazereth."  So sometimes hometown friends this blog will bore you and I'm sorry!
                      On the up side, spring has sprung in Oklahoma!  I sometimes think spring is God's way of reminding us that we made it throught another cold and bitter season and just look what we have in store!  It is my favorite time of the year by far.  This year, Dennis and I have much to be thankful for because last year he was so sick and I really didn't think he would be here to see another year.  See that post HERE.  Thank you Lord for sustaining us and making us strong again!  Some of my bushes are starting to bloom, they are so pretty and fresh.

The canola fields are blooming!

Warmer weather and with all that in Oklahoma comes WIND.  Fierce wind.  We are so dry here in northwest Oklahoma that when the winds come so does fire.  It's horrific and terrifying.  Our firemen have worked long and tiring hours.  They are fighting one as I am typing this blog. 
This fire spread through 620 miles in Oklahoma and Kansas.
We are praying for rain bu there is not any in the forecast. So keep us in your prayers.
Much love, Cheri
 

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Idaho. Spring has sprung here and the weather been quite nice.
    My Easter Hyacinths are still in bloom.
    I came in from Biebkriebels and if find the time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you again, it was some time ago. The weather is an item for everyone I think, but those fires look rather frightening and so close by. We have to much water here to have those fires.Temperatures are raising now at last and some trees are trying to show us some tiny leaves. Hope you are ok and keep going!
    Love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog :-)

    I always love spring emerging, it lightens my heart after the winter months.

    We have the wind but no heat or fire, the fire looks scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving seeing you posting Cheri, and what an inspiring and uplifting post (spring has sprung)especially so with the difficult and sometimes despairing year you and Dennis have come through. I will always keep in touch with you and Dennis's journey. You were the very first person outside of my children who stumbled across my blog (my very first blog, the one I cancelled due to a privacy attack) gosh that was 4 years ago and we've watched from afar and shared a lot in each others lives via the huge world of the internet. Much love to you and Dennis and you are always in my prayers dear girl... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wildfires are scary - hopefully you got some of the moisture from our recent storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. It was fun for me to look back and read yours. So many different challenges. We cling to Gods promises...strength for today....hope for tomorrow, a secured eternity. Sounds like an awesome plan.

    ReplyDelete