Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Days are Getting Shorter!

The days are definitely getting shorter!  When I walk in the morning it is very dark and it used to be light and beautiful.  It makes me a little melancholy, another first without Dennis.  I had the first summer, the first anniversary, his birthday, going back to Grand Lake, the car show and the first OU sooner football game.  I feel like I have accomplished a lot in 5 months. Now, I'm headed into first fall, first Halloween, first Thanksgiving and first Christmas, UGH!  I'm reading a book called "Grieving and the Holidays", and it has been very helpful.  It says to take it slow and don't do anything you don't want to do.  I did get my fall decorations out today and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  I just really don't want summer to end.  I can be outside and not stuck inside but I know I will get through it with God's help.  On an up note we had an Alince Cleo reunion and I got to see three of my classmates! 
                                              This is the football field on my morning walk. 
                         And this is a goat running past where I work.  It's a small town people!!!
Thank you Lord that you are always beside me, guiding and lifting me up.  Much love, Cheri

3 comments:

  1. You are doing very well I think, step by step going on with your life. Keep going!
    Love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well Cheri and I know it must be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cling to God’s promises and try to deal with the grief that is so very hard to understand. Thank you for sharing your process. Your journey encourages on our own journies and trials. The goat added a smile.

    ReplyDelete